This is a quote that embodies what I believe for myself as well as those I mentor, train and coach:
“Our essential purpose is to become the best version of ourselves.” Matthew Kelly
More on that quote at the bottom of the page…..
As a member of the ICF since 1999, I agree to abide by the ICF Code of Ethics
The unique qualifications I offer as a mentor coach:
- ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC) since 2004
- Active member of the ICF Credential Review Assessing team since 2005. As an active assessor who regularly reviews audio recordings of coaches for MCC, PCC and ACC credentials, I have exclusive insight into the distinctions between credential levels that may be absent in other Mentor Coaching programs.
- June 2014. Selected to be trained to assess for the ICF using the PCC Markers
- Creator of The Target Approach: Demystifying the ICF Core Coaching Competencies
- Author of Ten Characteristics of MCC Skill Level
- Creator of Establishing the Coaching Agreement Product Bundle
- Co-founder of The Mentor Coaching Group with Karen Boskemper
- Faculty member for CoachU and Corporate CoachU coach training programs focused on teaching coaching skills and leading practicums to provide feedback against the core competencies
- Invited Speaker at ICF Chapters (locally and globally by webinar) for expertise on core competencies and coaching skills
- Successful coaching practice since 1999, with many thousands of hours of logged coaching time
- Coached 50 financial advisors on their branding and personal values integration for business success
- Coached 450 managers and high potentials at Google, Inc. with a focus on their communication, collaboration and relationship skills
- Senior Leadership Coach, providing coaching to senior managers and directors to shift their focus from being subject matter experts to ‘people performance’ experts
- Mentoring coaches to prepare for their ICF credential application
- Coaching technical managers and leaders to make the mindset and behavioral shifts to becoming a leader and mastering communication. For more on my leadership coaching work visit Stellar Leadership Performance
- Provide services and products that support coaches to advance their coaching skills through understanding and application of the ICF Core Coaching Competencies
- Passionate about watching a wide variety of sport (having played Netball in Australia for 19 consecutive years as well as playing competitive tennis for 6 years). The mindset of individuals and teams are on display for us to observe watching sport, which I believe helps me be a better coach to my clients.
- A regular practitioner of meditation and mindfulness practices.
- A regular practitioner of Bikram Yoga since 2008. This keeps me mentally, emotionally and physically agile, and is conducted in a heated room. Here’s me in a yoga pose that took me 6 years to be able to do. I wrote an article for the ICF Global Blog on my experience.
- Enjoying the beauty of Southern California, with my husband Michael. Sometimes we even have snow fall in the nearby mountains. Being near the ocean is important to me, yet seeing the mountains also energizes me (and sometimes I even hike in them).
Back to the quote at the top of the page…..
I believe that we all want to be valued and respected for who we are. It’s the behaviors and beliefs that we use unconsciously that can stop us from being valued and respected as we want to be. When we uncover what those behaviors and beliefs are, we can make better choices. From my experience, it’s a joy to be around, and work with, people who are constantly becoming the best version of themselves.
Connect With Carly
Also visit Carly’s corporate website